request info email to friend
Protect Yourself From Coronavirus
The coronavirus has been spreading from China to other countries. There have been at least a dozen confirmed cases in the U.S., including at least two in the Chicago area. Although less serious strains of the virus can be present in people with mild respiratory illnesses, this recent strain can be deadly, especially to people with weak immune systems.
What should you do to stay safe? Experts say you should avoid travel to China, especially the city of Wuhan, which is the epicenter of the disease. Other than that, though, the precautions are very similar to precautions to avoid catching most communicable diseases, from flu to the common cold:
- Avoid contact with people showing signs of respiratory illness, such as fever, coughing, trouble breathing, etc.
- Wash your hands often with hot water and antibacterial soap. You should scrub your hands for as long as it takes to sing "Happy Birthday" twice.
- Don't touch your nose or eyes, because germs can enter through those openings.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough.
- Drink plenty of water.
- If you feel sick, see a doctor right away.
At The Bensman Group, we are always happy to help you protect the people and things that are most important to you. Contact us at 847-572-0828 or at email@example.com.