Bensman Risk Management, Inc.

Insurable Interests

Bensman Risk Management, Inc.
2333 Waukegan Road Suite 275
Bannockburn, IL 60015
847-572-0800 Phone
847-572-0502 Fax

Insurable Interests may offer general financial, insurance, tax and business ideas. However, due to the ever-changing tax laws as well as the complexity of the financial industry, you should seek professional advice before implementing any of the ideas contained in this newsletter. The Bensman Group, Bensman Associates Ltd., Bensman Risk Management, Inc. or Schemata, L.L.C. assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with the use of this newsletter.

Insurable Interests was created by The Bensman Group and Osmosis Digital Marketing. Neither The Bensman Group nor Kestra IS nor Kestra AS are affiliated with Osmosis Digital Marketing.

You are receiving this newsletter because you provided your email address to receive electronic communications from The Bensman Group. Please click on "Manage Your Profile" above to leave this email list or modify your profile. Thank you

Securities offered through Kestra Investment Services, LLC (Kestra IS), Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Kestra Advisory Services, LLC (Kestra AS). Kestra IS and Kestra AS are not affiliated with The Bensman Group, Bensman Associates Ltd., Bensman Risk Management, Inc. or Schemata, L.L.C.

request info email to friend

Insurable Interests

Vol. 4, Issue 12August 2009


College and Insurance

As the start of college approaches, you probably have been busy buying books and laptops and extra-long sheets. But take a few minutes to consider how your insurance needs may change.

For example, if your child goes to school more than 100 miles from home and does not take a car, let us know -- you will receive a premium credit on your insurance. If your student rents an apartment, you can consider buying renter's insurance. However, unless the landlord requires it or your child has a lot of expensive property in the apartment, you probably can get a liability extension endorsement to include your student's apartment on your homeowner's policy. It usually costs about $50 a year to give your child liability coverage through your policy; if you want to extend your umbrella coverage as well, that could cost another $50 to $100 per year, depending on the limits of your policy.

We would be happy to talk with you about insurance issues related to college, or about any insurance concerns you have. Please contact me, or any member of The Bensman Group team, at 847-572-0800 or

copyright     privacy policy