request info email to friend
Plumbing Inspection Checklist for Spring
Water damage is one of the common causes of property insurance claims, but taking the time to check out your plumbing might help you avoid disaster. Look for potential leaks throughout your system. For example:
- Check your hot water heater to make sure that neither the tank nor the connections are leaking or showing signs of wear.
- Do a visual inspection of the water lines in your home and look for evidence of leaks.
- Check any outside spigots for leaks or drips.
- Consider putting moisture alarms in your basement, near floor drains and the hot water heater, to alert you early if there is water coming in.
- If you have a sump pump, make sure it works and that you have a backup in place.
At The Bensman Group, we are always available to talk to you about any of your risk management and wealth management needs. You can contact us at 847-572-0828 or email@example.com .