Bensman Risk Management, Inc.

Insurable Interests

Bensman Risk Management, Inc.
2333 Waukegan Road Suite 275
Bannockburn, IL 60015
847-572-0800 Phone
847-572-0502 Fax

Insurable Interests may offer general financial, insurance, tax and business ideas. However, due to the ever-changing tax laws as well as the complexity of the financial industry, you should seek professional advice before implementing any of the ideas contained in this newsletter. The Bensman Group, Bensman Associates Ltd., Bensman Risk Management, Inc. or Schemata, L.L.C. assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with the use of this newsletter.

Insurable Interests was created by The Bensman Group and Osmosis Digital Marketing. Neither The Bensman Group nor Kestra IS nor Kestra AS are affiliated with Osmosis Digital Marketing.

You are receiving this newsletter because you provided your email address to receive electronic communications from The Bensman Group. Please click on "Manage Your Profile" above to leave this email list or modify your profile. Thank you

Securities offered through Kestra Investment Services, LLC (Kestra IS), Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Kestra Advisory Services, LLC (Kestra AS). Kestra IS and Kestra AS are not affiliated with The Bensman Group, Bensman Associates Ltd., Bensman Risk Management, Inc. or Schemata, L.L.C.

request info email to friend

Insurable Interests

Vol. 10, Issue 11August 2015


Insurance for Your Student

If you have a student going to college or boarding school this fall, you know you need to get sheets and snacks and extra chargers. But don't overlook insurance.

For example, if your child is going to school more than 100 miles from home and does not take a car, you probably can receive a premium credit on your car insurance. If your child lives in a dorm, the school might offer dorm insurance to cover losses to property. But your student's property is covered under your homeowner's insurance. It is subject to the deductible, but it is relatively simple to extend first-dollar coverage on things like laptops and iPads. Your homeowner's policy also covers your student's property in a rental unit. If you are concerned about liability, you can get a liability extension on your homeowner's and personal umbrella policy. And if you buy a condo or house for your student to live in during college, you need property and liability coverage for that housing.

So before the new school year begins, check in with us. We can make sure your insurance provides the most effective and economical coverage for your student's needs. To discuss these or any other insurance questions, contact us at 847-572-0820 or

copyright     privacy policy