request info email to friend
Don't Fall Behind This Season
By David Miller
It’s time to face it. Summer is officially over, and fall is upon us. The days are getting shorter, the school year is in full swing, and the holidays are right around the corner. Aside from getting an extra hour of sleep, falling back can be challenging.
Before winter formally transpires, and we start hearing Christmas music everywhere we go, pumpkins, witches and candy corn surround us in Halloween. This is a holiday full of fun and treats, but don’t be fooled, as it can often be quite tricky.
As dusk falls on the eve of Halloween, ghosts and goblins aren’t the only things you should be protecting yourself from. While the idea of Halloween is sweet, unforeseen mishaps are known to occur. On occasion, an egg intended for a door can break a window, or a piece of old candy can crack a tooth. These things are certainly not life shattering, but they are inconvenient, and they instigate an awareness that gets us ready for the months to come.
Beyond preparing yourself for sticky holiday situations, you should ensure all your bases are covered as we head into the colder weather. Should you put your car in storage, cover the deck, move lawn furniture indoors? We have found our financial checklist to be helpful to our clients and would like "falling back" to mean a potential step forward for each of you.
Here’s a fall financial checklist for 2006:
Bensman Risk Management wants to be certain you make a smooth transition into the months to come. As always, we are here to support you and answer any questions you might have. Please contact your Bensman Representative at 847-572-0800 to discuss how we can make "falling back" a step forward.
- Have you made arrangements for fourth quarter tax planning?
- Is your estate plan up-to-date?
- Do you have appropriate coverage for all your valuables, such as jewelry, fine art and wine?
- Does your umbrella liability policy limit adequately reflect your current and anticipated needs?
- Does your life insurance reflect your financial situation, lifestyle, exposures, values and unique needs?
- Is your investment strategy adequately addressing your charitable planning/giving and next-generation planning/giving?
- Do your investment strategies complement your current risk profile?
- Are you confident your planning is addressing the proper protection, accumulation and eventual distribution of your assets?
All the best,
Please use the following link Bensman Group Referrals to contact us with the names of specific individuals that would appreciate an introduction to our firm.