request info email to friend
Tips on Boating Safety
For many people, summer time is boating time. But before you head out for a day on the water, consider some safety precautions:
If you have any questions about your boat insurance or any other insurance issue, please contact us at 847-572-0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure the driver is experienced in the type of boat and the water and weather conditions.
- Never drink and drive your boat.
- Don't overload your boat.
- Ensure that everyone on board has a Coast Guard-approved life preserver -- and wears it.
- Plan your outing so that you have plenty of time to get back to your dock before dark, unless you are experienced at night boating and have the necessary lights.
- Have a cell phone or radio. And tell someone on shore where you are going and when you expect to be back.