Bensman Risk Management, Inc.
2333 Waukegan Road Suite 275
Insurable Interests may offer general financial, insurance, tax and business ideas. However, due to the ever-changing tax laws as well as the complexity of the financial industry, you should seek professional advice before implementing any of the ideas contained in this newsletter. The Bensman Group, Bensman Associates Ltd., Bensman Risk Management, Inc. or Schemata, L.L.C. assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with the use of this newsletter.
Insurable Interests was created by The Bensman Group and Osmosis Digital Marketing. Neither The Bensman Group nor Kestra IS nor Kestra AS are affiliated with Osmosis Digital Marketing.
You are receiving this newsletter because you provided your email address to receive electronic communications from The Bensman Group. Please click on "Manage Your Profile" above to leave this email list or modify your profile. Thank you
Securities offered through Kestra Investment Services, LLC (Kestra IS), Member FINRA/SIPC.
Investment Advisory Services offered through Kestra Advisory Services, LLC (Kestra AS).
Kestra IS and Kestra AS are not affiliated with The Bensman Group, Bensman Associates Ltd., Bensman Risk Management, Inc. or Schemata, L.L.C.
request info email to friend
Use Caution to Avoid Holiday Fires
The holidays are a time for feasting, fellowship, celebration -- and house fires. According to the American Red Cross, there are nearly 47,000 fires during the winter holidays, resulting in more than 500 deaths, 2,200 injuries and $554 million in property damage. To keep your family safe this season:
At The Bensman Group, we are always happy to discuss ways you can manage your risk. Contact us at 847-572-0808 or email@example.com.
- Check all holiday lights before you plug them in; if you aren't sure about a string of lights, don't use it. And always unplug indoor and outdoor lights when you are gone or in bed.
- If you have a real tree, make sure it is fresh and keep it watered. Don't place it close to a heat vent or fireplace, and unplug the lights when you leave the house or go to bed.
- Never leave candles -- from scented candles to tapers on your table -- unattended, and don't put them near curtains or other flammable materials.
- Keep anything flammable -- like towels, oven mitts, clothing, etc. -- away from the stove. Be very careful taking anything hot off the stove or out of the oven. Avoid splashing hot liquids.
- Make sure your fireplace and chimney are cleaned and ready before you start a fire. Don't leave or go to bed until you are sure the fire is out. And don't burn wrapping paper in the fireplace.
- If you want to deep fry your turkey, set up the fryer far away from your house or garage, keep kids and pets away, and never leave it unattended.