Bensman Risk Management, Inc.

Insurable Interests

Bensman Risk Management, Inc.
2333 Waukegan Road Suite 275
Bannockburn, IL 60015
847-572-0800 Phone
847-572-0502 Fax

Insurable Interests may offer general financial, insurance, tax and business ideas. However, due to the ever-changing tax laws as well as the complexity of the financial industry, you should seek professional advice before implementing any of the ideas contained in this newsletter. The Bensman Group, Bensman Associates Ltd., Bensman Risk Management, Inc. or Schemata, L.L.C. assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with the use of this newsletter.

Insurable Interests was created by The Bensman Group and Osmosis Digital Marketing. Neither The Bensman Group nor Kestra IS nor Kestra AS are affiliated with Osmosis Digital Marketing.

You are receiving this newsletter because you provided your email address to receive electronic communications from The Bensman Group. Please click on "Manage Your Profile" above to leave this email list or modify your profile. Thank you

Securities offered through Kestra Investment Services, LLC (Kestra IS), Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Kestra Advisory Services, LLC (Kestra AS). Kestra IS and Kestra AS are not affiliated with The Bensman Group, Bensman Associates Ltd., Bensman Risk Management, Inc. or Schemata, L.L.C.

request info email to friend

Insurable Interests

Vol. 15, Issue 10June 2020

Consider Insurance Issues When Buying or Remodeling a Home
If you are shopping for a new home or considering a remodeling project, we can help you ensure that you have the right coverage. READ MORE...

When To File Your 2019 Income Taxes
You have until July 15 to file your federal taxes. Should you wait that long? READ MORE...

Gap Year During a Pandemic
The crisis caused by the coronavirus has complicated decisions about a gap year. READ MORE...

Understanding Effective Sunscreen Use
Using the right sunscreen correctly is key to getting the protection you need. READ MORE...

Insurance Issues for Students Heading Off to School

There are lots of things to think about as you send your child off to boarding school or college. We can help you with one: insurance.

If your child is going to school more than 100 miles away and not taking a car, you probably can get a credit on your car insurance premium. If your student is taking a car, let us know so we can update your coverage information.

If your child is in high school or an undergrad, his or her property probably is covered under your homeowner's policy. You also might be able to get an extension on your liability coverage for your student in the dorm. However, undergrad or graduate students who move off-campus should buy their own renter's insurance. And if you buy a condo or house for your student to live in while in college, and keep it in your name, you need homeowner's insurance for that.

In general, give us a call well before your child goes away to school. We can help you find the best way to keep your student protected -- and to ease your mind. We are always happy to help with this or any of your risk management and wealth management needs. Contact us at 847.572.0828 or

copyright     privacy policy